Artificial intelligence (AI) and its little brother machine learning (ML) are receiving tremendous hype — and deservedly so. From smart cars to computer-assisted medical diagnoses, machine learning is an incredibly powerful technology that has only scratched the surface of the impact it will eventually have on the world.Continue reading...
Salesforce debuted another component of its Sales Cloud this morning: an application for Partner Relationship Management, Sales Cloud PRM. The app is a significant release for community users — a category that includes partners, employees and customers — as it is the first major development built for the Lightning Communities platform the companyContinue reading...
IBM today completed an acquisition to strengthen its IBM Connections enterprise collaboration offerings. Armonk, NY-based IBM acquired the XCC technology from its partner, Cologne, Germany-based TIMETOACT GROUP. XCC is a digital workplace hub that IBM officials said will create a "single destination" personalized homepage for employees.Continue reading...
Expectations were high for Google’s Marketing Next teleconference in San Francisco last week and the Mountain View-Calif.-based search giant didn’t disappoint in announcing its planned innovations.Continue reading...
LinkedIn and Vista Equity Partners each went after their share of the sales technology pie through separate acquisitions this week. LinkedIn announced it acquired Redwood City, Calif.-based sales tech provider Heighten in a move designed to bolster its Sales Navigator platform. Officials at LinkedIn made the announcement on Tuesday. Meanwhile,Continue reading...
With increased digitalization in the automotive industry — and retail in general — customers these days expect much more connected experiences, all occurring with total respect for their privacy and data security.Continue reading...
The struggle when I started my freelance writing service business looked like this:
- I was fascinated with crafting words that accurately conveyed a message.
- I hadn’t extensively studied journalism or entertainment writing because those weren’t career paths I wanted to pursue.
- I knew that offering basic content writing services for businesses — filling up pages with words — would not pay high rates.
And I completely understood why filling up pages with words was not valued. Nothing is worse than paying for a service that doesn’t produce results.
When writers charge low fees for content writing that doesn’t persuade prospects to take action, two dangerous things happen:
- It’s difficult to support yourself through your writing services.
- Your clients don’t make new sales.
If a client thinks that the money they paid you was a waste because they didn’t make it back in sales, they’ll view you as interchangeable with any other writer — and there’s probably someone else who charges even less than you for a comparable lack of results.
This situation perpetuates the cycle of writers thinking that making a living off of their craft is unrealistic and businesses devaluing writers because they aren’t familiar with the power of the right words.
When clients see what the right words can do, though, everything changes.
Smart businesses value copywriting
To end the disappointing cycle, you need to offer the proper balance of content marketing and copywriting.
“Copy’s for closers.”
Once I learned about copywriting, my writing business benefitted in two main ways:
- I was able to write copy that persuaded people to hire me.
- I had a skill set that justified competitive rates and delivered a return on investment for clients.
If the work you do for a client makes them a profit that exceeds the cost of paying you, everyone wins. You get paid what you’re worth and they are happy to pay high rates for your services.
Copyblogger’s Certification program teaches you how to be the kind of writer that businesses value.
If you’re interested in joining our list of Certified Content Marketers who we recommend to businesses, make sure to add your email address at the end of this post. You’ll be the first to know when the program reopens to new students.
3 resources to help you take control of your writing career
If you’re anything like I was, you’re looking for enjoyable, artistic writing work, but you’re also disciplined and practical.
So, you’re asking yourself questions like:
- What types of new clients would I like to retain in the next year?
- Am I open to learning new skills to attract those types of clients?
- How can I prioritize the different steps I need to take?
You may even be thinking about possibilities down the road like becoming a different type of entrepreneur or joining a larger organization. (I joined the Copyblogger team after running my freelance business for six years.)
Here are three resources that will help you bridge the gap between the writing career you have now and the one you want in the near future.
7 Real-World Ways to Think Like an Artist for Better Content Marketing
Somewhere along the line, we got the idea that marketing was another word for lies. Don’t buy it.
Smart marketers don’t accept the excuse of “It’s just marketing” to hide the truth or produce crummy work that benefits no one.
Wise marketers embrace art as integral to what they do, as much as strategy and execution are.
5 Writing Techniques that Stir Your Audience to Action
Emotion moves us to act.
In fact, the Latin root for the word emotion means “to move,” because emotions motivate what we do. We don’t necessarily want to make them seethe with anger or burst into tears, though.
The goal is not necessarily to get someone to feel, but rather to want — and to act on that want.
How to Run a Sustainable Writing Business (Where the Backbone of Success Is Simply … You)
The success of a writing business depends on so much more than your ability to write.
It’s often difficult to balance writing for your existing clients and attracting new clients. Consequently, your writing income may vary at different times throughout the year and the work you love to do never quite feels sustainable.
Whether you’re just starting your writing business, or you’ve been building it for a while and are hoping to make it more financially secure, these 15 tips support a healthy, productive solopreneur venture.
Writers: Looking for even more proven ways to position yourself for greater success?
Our Certified Content Marketer training is a powerful tool that helps you learn new writing strategies and position your business for greater success.
We’ll be reopening the program to new students very shortly — add your email address below to get all the details. Registration will be open for a limited time, so procrastination is not advised.
The post The Career-Expanding Discovery Many Profitable Writers Have Made appeared first on Copyblogger.
You've made it this far. You've listened to your audience, you've planned your social media marketing strategy. Over time, you built relationships and trust with your audience.Continue reading...
This week, AgilOne announced new integrations with Oracle Marketing Cloud. With AgilOne’s customer data platform powering engagement through Oracle Marketing Cloud, marketers can create more consistent, orchestrated, and authentic relationships across channels.
So, how do we do it? AgilOne feeds a single view of the customer data into OMC that incorporates first party information unified across omni-channel event, engagement, and transactional data sources, and enriched with predictive analytics. AgilOne is the customer intelligence layer that makes personalization through Oracle Marketing Cloud solutions more impactful -- increasing conversion rates, boosting average order value, and maximizing customer lifetime value. AgilOne integrates data from all offline and online data sources and cleans, de-dupes, and enriches the data into one master customer record which is used by Oracle Responsys, Oracle Maxymiser, Oracle BlueKai data management platform (DMP), and any other system of engagement that connects with the customer.
In addition to integrations with OMC, AgilOne also integrates with Oracle Data Cloud (e.g., Oracle DataLogix), as well as Oracle Service Cloud, Commerce Cloud, and Enterprise Data Warehouses.Highlight #1: Oracle Responsys & Oracle Mobile Marketing
AgilOne provides bidirectional connectors for ESPs in order to enable hyper-personalized email marketing, and better orchestration of email as part of cross-channel campaigns. Our integration with Oracle Responsys gives marketers:
- Enhanced targeting. Send segmented audience lists, along with personalized content based and enriched omni-channel single view of customer, to Oracle Responsys and engage customers via hyper-targeted and personalized campaigns.
- Enhanced Oracle Responsys profiles. Responsys profiles are continuously updated and enhanced with AgilOne’s data. This allows for deeper email segmentation and better targeting leveraging Responsys profiles.
- Enhanced single view of the customer. Oracle Responsys data enhances the AgilOne single view of the customer, which in turn enhances all OMC engagement. In addition to event data like email opens, clicks, etc., this data also includes any standard or business-specific profile attributes tracked in Responsys. It is easy to configure AgilOne’s Responsys connector to meet these specific business needs.
- Better user identification rates. With AgilOne, you can identify the user all the way from email click to interaction behavior on the website, and stitched across other channels such as social, mobile, call center, etc., regardless of the browser or device used, and regardless of whether the user logs in to the website. This further enriches Oracle Responsys’s single view of the customer.
AgilOne also enriches mobile marketing by pulling mobile events into our single customer profile, and by providing rich segmentation and personalization for more personalized push messaging and mobile campaigns.Highlight #2: Oracle BlueKai DMP
AgilOne’s integration with Oracle BlueKai DMP increases advertising ROI by enriching audience data with the first party AgilOne data. This integration gives marketers:
- Smarter cross-channel targeting. The AgilOne integration allows marketers to identify customers who aren’t responding on other channels and target them via display advertising. Products browsed or purchased through any channel (mobile app, physical store, website, etc.) can also be used in better targeting and personalization of the display campaigns. AgilOne’s predictive analytics help target customer segments for these display campaigns.
- Smarter ad suppression. AgilOne lets marketers intelligently suppress customers from display advertising. For example, you can suppress customers who purchased an item in the store from retargeting campaigns, or suppress recent buyers from incentivizing promotions.
- Better return on ad spend. By being smarter with targeting and ad suppression, marketers boost ROAS.
AgilOne’s integration with Oracle Maxymiser enhances website personalization with the single view of the customer. This integration gives marketers:
- Enhanced website messaging that reflects experiences based on omni-channel data. For example, the website can include personalized repair status updates when a customer logs in, or the website can exclude promotions for items already purchased in another channel.
- Enhanced segmentation powered by machine learning. With AgilOne, marketers can enhance website targeting based on marketing metrics, clustering models, and response models such as likelihood to buy.
- Orchestrated personalization across channels. The integration allows marketers to leverage website personalization as part of coordinated, multi-channel, multi-touch campaigns. For example, marketers can create orchestrated welcome, win-back, or any other campaigns that include email, direct mail, social, and website personalization, or any other channel, all with consistent, coordinated personalization.